Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Tomorrow

Tomorrow I will tell my spouse and children I love them. There just isn't time today.

Tomorrow I will celebrate life's special moments. There just isn't time today.

Tomorrow I will express my gratitude to those wonderful people in my life. There just isn't time today.

Tomorrow I will laugh and have some fun. There just isn't time today.

Tomorrow I will offer a helping hand to those in need. There just isn't time today.

Tomorrow I will apologize to those I've harmed and correct the wrongs I've committed. There just isn't time today.

Tomorrow I will use my talents to uplift the lives of others. There just isn't time today.

Tomorrow I will seek the meaning of my life. There just isn't time today.

But what if there is no tomorrow for me or no tomorrow for those to whom I need to express my feelings? Or what if tomorrow does come and it turns out to be a repeat of today, and once again there just isn't time.

When will I have the time to do what really counts in life? If I don't act now all that I hoped to do will be lost in a haze of good intentions and unfulfilled promises for now is all I will ever have.

Dick




No comments: