Sunday, July 26, 2015

Yesterday I Met God

God took the form of a 50 ish Hispanic man, about 5 feet, 6 inches tall, trim, with black hair and bronze skin.

God is a gardener and his old heavily worn red truck filled with gardening equipment was broken down on the side of a busy thoroughfare in a semi rural area.

It was about 3:30 in the afternoon, and he thanked me repeatedly for pulling over to help him.

In his limited English, he explained that on his [old black] cell phone, he had already called for a tow truck service, one that could repair his clogged gas line.

He thanked me again and assured me he would be fine. Only then did I leave him as we heartily waved goodbye to each other.

How did I know he was God?

From the look in his eyes, one that revealed an extraordinary soul, and also from his warmth and humility.

I believe that if God is to take a human form, this is how he or she will be, modest and humble.

It is up to us to recognize his being and to be loving and helpful.

It is easy to help those people who can do things for us, but not so easy to help those who are simply in need, unless we open our hearts to everyone.

One final thought: God may appear in many people at one time, and throughout the world, for there is nothing to limit him to being only one person or even being one species.

Dick

No comments: