Sunday, December 30, 2012

As I Have Grown Older

I am now 67 years of age, and as I have grown older, I have begun to notice beauty that was always right in front of me but apparently I was often too busy to see:

- It is the sunrise that gently lights the sky and welcomes the day.

- It is the morning dew that moistens a long stretch of green lawn.

- It is purple.flowers, each the size of my palm, whose brilliance seizes the imagination.

And it is the smile of the first person I see, whose warmth captures my heart, as it offers the promise of a better world if only I am wise enough to perpetuate that smile, sharing it with everyone I meet that day.

Whatever age you are, notice the beauty around you, for it is a great gift and one so powerful, it can uplift your life and the lives of others as you share your observations with them which will encourage them to become more aware of the beauty around them.

Dick

No comments: