Friday, February 20, 2015

Life's Little Left Turns

Near my home is an intersection with a complex series of stop signs. As I awaited my turn to turn left a young man sped through without a turn signal in making a right turn.

Had he signaled that right turn, I could have proceeded sooner, which made me judgmental of his thoughtlessness. That is until I realized my left turn signal was not on.

I was equally thoughtless and I began to chuckle at the irony. It is easy to judge others without recognizing our own mistakes.

The lessons were three. One, don't be judgemental, two, recognize that we all make many of the same mistakes, and three, what does it really matter if we spend an extra 30 seconds at a stop sign, as we are wise and patient enough to let goodwill prevail.

Dick

No comments: